Welcome Baseball Fans!

 The Baseball season is about to start and I couldn't be any more excited! To be honest though, I was completely over last season once the Dodgers were beat up in the 2018 World Series against the Boston Red Sox. I don't hate the Red Sox or Astros, both are great teams that deserved to win. With this coming season on the way, I cant wait for the Dodgers to pull it together and win it this year. It has been since I was 14 years old the last time the "Boys in Blue" won it all.

 I spent the offseason making tons of new artwork. The name from the blog actually comes from my broken arm sustained in November from a skateboarding accident. Instead of calling it the "The Broken Arm Blues", I went with "The Broken Bat Blues".

My earliest baseball memories consist of little league games starting in grade school, going to it seemed like either a Reds or Phillies playing the Dodgers at Dodger Stadium with my entire family, including my Grandparents. My Grandma who is 92 now, loves the Dodgers, with her favorite Dodger ever, Tommy Lasorda (its an Italian thing!) The games we went to were because she worked at Bank of America and they had an annual BofA night at the stadium. I know for certain seeing Pete Rose in both Reds and Phillies uniforms. A definite magical time to be a Dodgers fan. Garvey, Cey, Baker, Lopes, Valenzuela etc. Great team and I was fortunate to see that first hand as a kid!

 Baseball has brought so many memories, from my playing days, to watching both my son and daughter give it a go! I have met so many pro ballplayers through autograph seeking or just plain guerilla style bombardment of the players parking lot to force artwork on players! I once took a leak right next to "Donnie Baseball".  The memories have lasted a lifetime and Im still making more.


 The Game of Baseball lets me feel that kid like feeling as an adult. From getting hacks at the cage, tossing the ball with your kid, or the emotions you have when your team is winning or losing. I have had other things like skateboarding take center stage in my life, but baseball has always had a "magnetic" hold on me. the joy I receive from the game and making art about it is ultimately why I love it!

 We will discuss baseball cards, favorite players and stories I have regarding baseball. The page will lay its foundation upon the rich history baseball has to offer and topic on why baseball plays such a huge impact on Popular Culture. I hope you come back for the latest installments of "The Broken Bat Blues".

Thank You,
Bill Cormalis Jr
"Campy"




Comments

Popular Posts