Will Clark Texas Ranger Card Art

 This art is a piece I made a few months back as an addition to "The Clark Collection". Will Clark battled through injuries during his Rangers years. The numbers were down due to not being in the lineup, and not to do with the lack of skill. In 1998, Will Clark got a full season in and had a typical "Thrill" like season! That great season ended up being the value added to trade him to Baltimore the next season.

I stopped collecting cold turkey in 1992. In a trade for comic books, I got rid of all, but my Will Clark baseball cards. Those cards are in safe hands as I traded with my good friend Jeremy. Jeremy happens to collect all kinds of stuff and produces a show called "Mint Out Of The Box" that he aires on YouTube. On the show he opens up toys and talks about the toy collecting hobby. I had quite the Marvel action figure collection going, opened and unopened that got lost in the shuffle during a divorce/move. My Will Clark collection is sort of a story of survival in an always changing world.

My collecting hobby started back up in 2016. My obvious focus has been "The Clark Collection", but along the way I have built up some minor Tommy Lasorda, Tony Gwynn, Wade Boggs, Chipper Jones, Matt Williams, Fernando Valenzuela and Cody Bellinger collections. These days it is becoming more difficult to find Will Clark cards I do not already have, so I figured I would start a couple other player collections.

 I have fun locating items for my collection, though these days I've taken a step back from purchasing stuff, while spending more time talking about the collection and the hobby. 

My website store is open! Perhaps there is something to place in YOUR player collection! Click on the link to visit the store http://www.billcormalisjr.com/store/c2/baseball-art-prints-paintings





 

Comments

Popular Posts