Sports Illustrated for Kids

 Im always on the prowl for inexpensive goodies to add to The Clark Collection and this August 1989 issue of Sports Illustrated for Kids, is one of those said goodies. WHERE IS WILL CLARK????? Oh, calm down now. Be patient, as this is NOT one of those instant gratification items, but if you chill out and open the magazine a couple of pages, you will find an attached perforated sheet of untampered with sports card inserts with the hottest sports stars of the moment. 

 
 Before the acquisition of this magazine, The Clark Collection contained a perforated copy of the card found and detached from one of these magazines, a non perforated version from set released not inside the magazine and now the magazine with the attached card inserts. Pretty cool find!

 When this magazine came out, I was fourteen on the verge of 15 and just beginning my venture into the hobby of sports card collecting. Who new 33 years later I would still be pursuing that hobby. Now days, The Clark Collection has grown into way more than just the sports card aspect including sculptures, paintings, card art and just about anything else I can get my hands on, with a newer focus on obtaining items from "The Thrills" U.S.A. Olympic Baseball Team days in 1984. 

 Social media, particularly Instagram (my page) 
https://www.instagram.com/modernbaseballart/ has opened up the world of collecting, especially if you become an active participant in the sports card community. Being known as THE Will Clark collector https://www.instagram.com/willclarkcollector/ has had major advantages regarding non Will Clark collectors graciously handing over any items they have as donations to my collection! SOO many kind collectors out there and a lot of what they have sent my way has been stuff I did not already have! Needless to say, one of the positive aspects of social media! 

 I will be making a habit of blogging more regarding my collection so stay tuned! As usual, please check out my website and store billcormalisjr.com for collectible items that may work in your PC.












 

Comments

Popular Posts